Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I just read an incomplete account of a 13-year old, female gang leader from the 1870s named Little Dick. The story unsatisfactorally unds with the girl being sent to a juvinile corrections facility after a dashing and dastardly crime spree in san francisco. I wanted to know more about what happened to her so I made a mental note to google her name. Then I realized what kinds of results I was likely to get from a search like that. So I decided I should be more specific in my query. I decided to add the name of the city. Turns out, adding "San Francisco" to "Little Dick" is not actually all that helpful.

I just read an incomplete account of a 13-year old, female gang leader
from the 1870s named Little Dick. The story unsatisfactorally unds
with the girl being sent to a juvinile corrections facility after a
dashing and dastardly crime spree in san francisco. I wanted to know
more about what happened to her so I made a mental note to google her
name. Then I realized what kinds of results I was likely to get from a
search like that. So I decided I should be more specific in my query.
I decided to add the name of the city. Turns out, adding "San
Francisco" to "Little Dick" is not actually all that helpful.

No comments: